Community Forum

Unable to load your WiFi hotspot setting

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to load your WiFi hotspot setting

When I tab the internet device I got an error message says “Something went wrong. We were unable to load your WiFi hotspot setting” what is this about? Also tap the Show WiFi setting it pops up “Sorry this isn’t working. We are unable to display your setting now” Has anyone experience these messages? Why and how to resolve it? My old gateway XB3 works just fine. Recently replace it with XB7. Thanks.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to load your WiFi hotspot setting

Do you have any issues with the My Account website?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/?CMP=ILC_myaccount_myxfinity_au

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Oh yes!  Shows "We cannot display your network name and password because you are using an unsupported Xfinity or personal device." I am using xFinity gateway and pay monthly rental ... it is their device. Any idea?!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Kaolizi wrote:

Oh yes!  Shows "We cannot display your network name and password because you are using an unsupported Xfinity or personal device." I am using xFinity gateway and pay monthly rental ... it is their device. Any idea?!

What device are you using?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

XB7
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue:

Wireless Gateway: CGM4331COM

We cannot display your network name and password because you are using an unsupported Xfinity or personal device.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I did call customer service and gone through a few reboot process and no help. I give up.
Highlighted
Expert

moved thread to home networking area of the forum.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!