Community Forum

Unable to activate new XB7 Gateway due to seemingly nonexistent reported outage

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unable to activate new XB7 Gateway due to seemingly nonexistent reported outage

I am upgrading my XB6 Gateway to an XB7.  For 2 days now, the xFi app will not allow me to activate the XB7 due to a reported outage in my area. The app stops me dead in my tracks. My service has NOT been interrupted using my XB6 during this time-frame.  I am unable to find anyone in my general vicinity experiencing a loss of any Xfinity services. 

Is this a common occurrence?  Should I just wait and see if the reported outage is eventually restored? At this point, I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the reported outage.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unable to activate new XB7 Gateway due to seemingly nonexistent reported outage

Give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to activate new XB7 Gateway due to seemingly nonexistent reported outage

Thank you for the reply and suggestion.

Unfortunately, once I verify my address with the automated system it informs me of the reported outage, gives me the "we're working on it" spiel, states that a technical support agent will be unable to assist me with the issue, and then ends the call.