Community Forum

Trouble connecting multiple ethernet cables

Highlighted
New Poster

Trouble connecting multiple ethernet cables

I recently upgrade my internet speed to 1Gbps and I had to change my router (Provided by Comcast) as it wasn't compatible with the new speed. I bought a modem recommended by a friend (Netgear CM1200), but it only allows me to connect my PC using ethernet port. After searching on Internet I discovered that modems can provide a single IP that Comcast gives to you and that I need a router to allow me to use more ethernet ports. Now, with my old Comcast modem I had connected multiple devices using ethernet ports. So my question is whether I can use a Modem/Router like the Netgear C7800 to connect multiple devices via ethernet cable or I have to pay to Comcast for one that I could use?

P.D: I dont want to have a modem and a router separatly, I just want a single divice that alows me to connect my PC, XBox, Playstation, etc via cable.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Trouble connecting multiple ethernet cables

Yes. There is no rental fee / nothing "extra" for that customer owned gateway device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!