Community Forum

Switching Connection Point for xFi Pods?

Highlighted
New Poster

Switching Connection Point for xFi Pods?

For the internet setup in my home I have one gateway and three xFi Pods. For simplicity, I'll call them Pod A, Pod B, and Pod C. 

Pod A is the closest to my gateway (it's just the next room over.) Pod B is on the same floor as Pod A, but separated by some walls. Pod C is a floor above all of them, but right above Pod B. So as far as connection points go, I would expect Pod A would connect to the gateway, Pod B would connect to Pod A, and Pod C would connect to Pod B. 

But that's not what it's doing. While the gateway IS the connection point for Pod A, the rest of it is weird. Pod A is the connection point for Pod C, and Pod C is the connection point for Pod B (even though Pod B is much closer to Pod A.) 

I'd like to fix this to work the way that I think will give each pod the strongest signal, but I haven't figured out a way to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Switching Connection Point for xFi Pods?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/Xfi-pods/m-p/3326011/highlight/true#M16534

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Xfi Pods Placement

I have a large sprawling house requiring 6 pods (based on square fottage). My gateway is in an office. One wall sparaing the rest of the house is brick, another is wood with a loft above. The other two are glasslooking to the yard. It is not possible to lay out pods in a "star-like" pattern.

I'm afraid the brick wall will block signal, so I plan to put a pod in the loft. The loft is pretty open to the rest of the house. If I can get a good signal past the loft, the rest should be ok. My question is where to put the first pod (ie right next to the gateway or is that too close. I hear it is bad to be too close to the gateway). I could also put another in a hallway near and downstream of the loft.