Community Forum

Streaming stutters

Frequent Visitor

Streaming stutters

My comps are wired connects and stream without problem but my laptop was great for wireless stream up until the speed increases from 150-200 a few days ago.. I was told one can change a QOS setting in the modem/router to make it behave better. How can I find that?

So far I have only tried restart modem and reset from comcast .

Expert

Re: Streaming stutters

@KatWomanUSA wrote:

My comps are wired connects and stream without problem but my laptop was great for wireless stream up until the speed increases from 150-200 a few days ago.. I was told one can change a QOS setting in the modem/router to make it behave better. How can I find that?

So far I have only tried restart modem and reset from comcast .

What's the make and model of your modem/router, or gateway? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

TG1682G
Vendor
ARRIS Group, Inc.
Revision
CM MAC
18B81F8700CB
Firmware
TG1682_3.6p6s1_PROD_sey
Expert

That's a leased Comcast gateway, the XB3. You can't change QoS settings on those. 

Run a speedtest to the laptop using Xfinity or OOKLA and let us know what you see. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

My speeds are great- over 200 for d/l.

Anyway, problem seems to have solved itself. 

I moved the physical location of the gateway, so it doesn't have a wall between it and rest of house.  I pointed it towards the room I use the laptop, which I elevated off the bed, to avoid interference.

Thanks for trying to help me. Really appreciate it.

Expert

That was my next question, to move the laptop closer to the gateway and see if that fixes the problem. 

Since the question is now resolved, I'm going to mark your last response as best answer and close the thread. Should you have any more issues, please come back and post a new question. Thank you.