Community Forum

Speeds are Extremely Slow

Highlighted
New Poster

Speeds are Extremely Slow

My Xfinitiy Internet speeds are extremely slow.  I have the Blast Plan where Xfinitity says they provide 200MBps to my house.  I am a network engineer and configuring/testing a network performance monitoring system in my house (working from home).  I am getting UL/DL speeds below 4MBps on an average.  At times I am seeing less than 0.75mbps.  (Dial-up speed).  I am frequently getting slow internet warning speeds anytime I try to do a webex conference.  Devices in the house are very limited as there are only 2 people in house with 3 laptops.  I have a Linksys CM3024 router (High End version).  For my house network I use a Cisco 9300U-24 switch with a 10GB module that connects to the router and 2 Cisco 3802 Access Points.  The system I am configuring is a 7-Signal Sapphire Eye.  Even the manufacture asked what is going on with my extremely slow internet speeds.  The Eye constantly monitors Wi-Fi and hardwire speeds, providing a historical summary.  Over the past 4 weeks of working from home, it has not shown anything above 20mbps.  Even the Xfinitity Wifi speed test is showing 20mbps of speed.  I pay alot of money for the higher speeds only now to discover I am getting service of less than the most basic plan.  Its NOT my network as the cause.  The 7-Signal system is reporting it being an external internet connection issue. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Speeds are Extremely Slow

Also experiencing this just recently. Have the exact same plan, internet speed is sub 20mbps sometimes much much lower.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Speeds are Extremely Slow

Please post modem error logs and signal levels.