Community Forum

Someone stole my Wi-Fi and downloaded a torrent and I think Comcast blocked my p2p(?) connection

Highlighted
New Poster

Someone stole my Wi-Fi and downloaded a torrent and I think Comcast blocked my p2p(?) connection

I received an email about a week ago about someone illegally downloading some "Tangled for pc 2010" thing and that if I continued that they would suspend my service. I most definitely did not downloaded some Disney game(?) from 10 years ago and I figured it would all just be fine if changed all my router and wifi information.

About a few days later I was trying to play a game online and noticed it wouldn't work, I spent hours troubleshooting the game and contacting their support to no success. I realized it was more than likely my internet when I saw that not just my PC but all my gaming consoles, friend's PC and consoles, and gf's PC and consoles won't connect to any online multiplayer game either.

What do I do? This has stressed me out a lot. I am calling Comcast when I wake up to see what's going on but I hoped the forum might have some answers.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Someone stole my Wi-Fi and downloaded a torrent and I think Comcast blocked my p2p(?) connection

Comcast normally doesn’t do anything with those notices. And if they did they would shut down your entire service, not just one protocol. Change your Wi-Fi password if you think you’re Wi-Fi is compromised.Go through customer service to check on the other

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Someone stole my Wi-Fi and downloaded a torrent and I think Comcast blocked my p2p(?) connection

Contact the Comcast Security Team ASAP. 

• Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I will contact security tomorrow since it's already 2:10 and I just checked this haha. I swapped over to my mobile hotspot and am fine now so I am now 100% sure it has to do either with Comcast or maybe the person on my wifi did something? I don't really know but this is all very frustrating. None of these issues were happening until that happened.