Community Forum

Somebody tapped into my line!

Highlighted
New Poster

Somebody tapped into my line!

Somebody tapped into my line. I  called Comcast nobody will come out because the service is still working and the COVID-19. Ironically the neighbor beside me doesn’t even have Internet cable anymore and his line still connected directly into the 4 port HUB on the pole and now mine in on a splitter. We had no POEGB-1GCW installed we just use the net, no TV.

This was never like this before, I  saw a ladder beside the pole and now I see my line connected to a splitter then the 4 port HUB.

Do you guys think this is normal with the wiring? 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Somebody tapped into my line!

Normal, not the greatest but normal, five customers on a 4 port tap. Hopefully, the tech put in a maintenance order for a different tap. The tech wouldn’t know who has service and who doesn’t, picked a line they needed to split and you won. Luckily, they didn’t disconnect you altogether and hook up the new service, I’d say good customer service keeping your service intact and getting someone else’s started. Are you having any issues?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Somebody tapped into my line!

@CCAndrew wrote:
Normal, not the greatest but normal, five customers on a 4 port tap. Hopefully, the tech put in a maintenance order for a different tap. The tech wouldn’t know who has service and who doesn’t, picked a line they needed to split and you won. Luckily, they didn’t disconnect you altogether and hook up the new service, I’d say good customer service keeping your service intact and getting someone else’s started. Are you having any issues?

🤣Good customer service would be giving long standing customers a new deal without having to threaten to cancel every two years. Good customer service would be not moving channels to higher 'tiers' in the middle of a contract and saying tough luck to the subscribers.  Good customer service would be NOT following the airlines and using extraneous fees to recoup what the government and/or TV networks charge the company that inflate the bill by $30 or more in a given month. Our bill would be closer to $100 if not for the "broadcast TV fee" and "regional sports fee".