Community Forum

Smart Socket

Highlighted
New Poster

Smart Socket

My Smart Socket requires a 2.5mgh set up.  How do I do this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Smart Socket

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hello:

Thanks for your reply.  I am using the pods (just got them).  So I cannot use Smart Sockets (or like devices)?

Highlighted
Expert

We've seen many posts here that many devices don't know how to talk to combined WiFi bands. YMMV. You may need to purchase your own networking equipment and not use theirs. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for your reply.  I am using the pods (just got them).  So I cannot use Smart Sockets (or like devices)?

Highlighted
Expert

Did you see my latest reply above ?

Highlighted
New Poster

Hello:

Yes.

Thank you!