Community Forum

Slow speeds for weeks

SassieKat
New Poster

Slow speeds for weeks

I have the service with the 300 mps and I'm barely getting 30 mps and this has been going on for a couple of weeks, I first thought it was due to the weather: nope, weather is clear now, and it's still doing it. I have restarted and rebooted the modem 3 times each time the speeds go back up for about 30 minutes, then go right back down. I've also used your system by calling in having them do check. They said they've seen errors, then restart the modem, it went back up, and then it went down within 30 minutes to an hour. I've been trying to get in touch with the tech support and all I keep getting an automated system, so please, what is going on?
joshbraman
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow speeds for weeks

I wonder if 1/10th speed is the new default?  I have seen more than one person with 300Mbps post on here that they are getting 30Mbps.  I have 100Mbps speeds and am lucky if I have 10Mbps most of the time now(right now 0.80 down/5.41 up after a reset).  It will ocassionally go up to full speed for a few minutes after I get off the phone with a representative and they have me do all the "Unplug from the wall and reset your modem" things I already did before calling and they see a problem on their end and do a reset too.

SassieKat
New Poster

Apparently in my area there is an actual outage.
sammee2
Frequent Visitor

They don't care, so hopefully you can get another vendor.

corim123
Regular Visitor

Same over here, 1/10 of the Gigabit speed. I just wish they would acknowledge the problems I am clearly seeing instead of saying restart your modem and blaming me.

salrusso1
Regular Visitor

TRUE!! I think it’s time for FIOS!!