Community Forum

Slow Gigabit Speeds

New Poster

Slow Gigabit Speeds

I had the Blast internet and was getting wifi speeds of 150-200 Mbps and ethernet connected speeds of 240+Mbps. I upgraded to Gigabit and am recieving wifi speeds of 50Mbps if i'm lucky and wired speeds of 150Mbps. I have a Nighthawk C7800 Modem Router Purchased in August of this year. I have a GearHead membership and no one can figure out why i am having slow internet. I have had multiple comcast technicians come out, (I'm up to 5), the cables inside of my home have been rreplaced, a technician came out and replaced the cables outside of my home. I have spent 26 HOURS on trying to get the speeds that i am paying for. I have been given excuses from comcast including but not limited to, "Oh your Nighthawk cant support the gigabit connection" to "Well we are testing them from over the phone and you are getting 940Mbps so its on your end". I am so fed up with this service and the countless time I have wasted trying to figure this out. I replaced my modem Router 3 times, modified my router with GearHead to be able to do what it needs to do to get the speeds, replaced the cables inside and outside of my home, and spoke with comcast too many times. I am now turning to the forums and the community for some help. Please help.

New Poster

Re: Slow Gigabit Speeds

I feel your pain, comcast is garbage! I have had connection and slow internet speeds for over a year. I got one of their garbage modems(it was outdated when i got it) and had to argue with them for 6 months before they sent one thats not outdated. I have blast and get speeds of 84! I have to reset my modem numerous times. On your end though call them again and tell them to send an upgrade to your modem. They are the only ones that have upgrades for any modems(which is so stupid). My biggest problem is who else do I go to since comcast is the only cable service around

New Poster

I would have switched months ago if Fios was around. I keep getting the runaround and its terrible. I have one of the best modem routers on the market and they are still trying to seel me their piece of junk routers. I just dont understand how i was getting faster speeds at the lower plan. it makes no sense to me and im so fed up with it. We arent getting what we are paying for and this seems to be a common problem among comcast's paying customers. Its unacceptable. I wish we had some answers.

Sincerely,

Dissapointed.

Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!