Community Forum

Signal problems with new Arris SB8200

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Signal problems with new Arris SB8200

Hello,

I recently upgraded speed packages from 600/15 to Gigabit internet.  I replaced my modem with a Docsis 3.1 compatible SB8200 and been having issues with inconsistant speed, latency, and modem reboots.

I checked signal readings and provided the atatched screen shot.  The screenshot shows the modem after being up for 36 hours and I'm seeing certain cahnnels showing low SNR signal levels and a high amount of Uncorrectable errors.  Does this look normal or might there be something going on with my signal.

I don't have any splitters inside the house, the line comes in directly to the modem.  With my previous modem I had no issues so trying to determine if this is a problem with the modem or if some ajustments may need to be made.

Thanks

Capturexfinity.PNG
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Signal problems with new Arris SB8200

You are correct about some of the downstream channels. What do the upstream power levels look like ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Here are the upstream levels.  Appreciate you looking at it.

Thanks

Capturexfinity.PNG
Highlighted
Expert

The upstreams are o/k. It may be best to get a tech out for this. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!