Community Forum

Self activation portal

x415b
Frequent Visitor

Self activation portal

Is there currently an issue with the self activation portal. It worked fine before but it just doesn’t seem to recognize any of my 3 compatible modems anymore.
Gambit66
Problem Solver

Re: Self activation portal

@x415b wrote:
Is there currently an issue with the self activation portal. It worked fine before but it just doesn’t seem to recognize any of my 3 compatible modems anymore.

@x415b Sometimes it works, and sometimes you have to call to activate.

EG
Expert

@x415b wrote:

Give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
x415b
Frequent Visitor

I tried. I was on and off the phone for about 9 hours. Some people couldn’t find the modem and told me it was offline. I had one rep find it and send a signal but couldn’t activate it. This was a brand new Arris S33. Tried 2 different Arris S33. Still same issue.
EG
Expert

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastMorgan
Official Employee

Good afternoon, x415b. So sorry you're experiencing difficulties with the self-service option. I would be glad to help you out as a current work around. Please send me a PM with your first and last name. We'll go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

Thanks! 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
BocaMin
Frequent Visitor

why can't you make your solution public? Why the secrecy?