Community Forum

Self Install Kit - No Signal In Coax Line

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Self Install Kit - No Signal In Coax Line

I recently got a self install kit delivered and plan to use my own modem.  I have the modem plugged in but there doesn't appear to be a signal in the line going to the modem.  The lady who owned the place before me had AT&T internet.  I'm thinking that my outside line isn't connected to the comcast hardline at the hub?  If I locate the hub is this something I could easily switch or does a tech need to do it?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Self Install Kit - No Signal In Coax Line

Is the "Online" indicator light on the modem lit steadily ? If not, it's probably best to get a tech out to investigate / hook the line up to the Comcast feed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Self Install Kit - No Signal In Coax Line

No it's not and that's the issue I think.  I was going to attempt it myself or at least take a look at the cable hub because to get a tech out now is probably impossible.  I'm reading on here that people can't even get through to customer service on the phone so I have no idea how I would go about requesting a tech to come out here.