Community Forum

Second IP address for SB 8200

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Second IP address for SB 8200

Hi - I recently upgraded my modem to an SB 8200 which contains two Ethernet ports that can run to two different devices. I learned from the manufacturer and this thread that in order to get a second IP address I need Comcast's help.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Second-IP-Address-needed-for-SB8200/td-p/3311835

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Second IP address for SB 8200

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Second IP address for SB 8200

Hello Lucius-Warbaby. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing the availability of purchasing service for an additional dynamic IP address on your account, for that second port on your modem. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!