Community Forum

SB8200 - is a second IP address still possible?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SB8200 - is a second IP address still possible?

Hi all,

Want to have a second IP for the dedicated working-from-home line. The current IP address is for other uses and has been directed to a VPN service that is kind of slow, using only half of the bandwidth.

The dedicated working-from-home IP will be directed to the company VPN, which will be faster than the other personal VPN.

This way, working-from-home IP would be lot faster and good for conference call etc.

Thanks for advice/suggestions. I have been calling Xfinity but no luck as of yet.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: SB8200 - is a second IP address still possible?

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

EG,

Thanks a lot for trying. It would be nice if we can get it. This way, work traffic can be garanteed. Being with Comast forever and still happy.

Highlighted
Expert

Quite welcome ! Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, TaughtCashew11. Thank you for posting here for support! I hope you are well. I can take a look at your account to see if an additional IP is an option for you. I saw you sent a PM, so I will be replying to that shortly. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

ComcastMorgan and EG,

Thanks you both for helping out. It is nice to have a community foruma and folks like you guys reaching out to help. We can sort of manage with current connections but it would definitely help with an additional IP dedicated for coorporate VPNs.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Again, Good luck !

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thank you for your time and energy, TaughtCashew11. Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with. Take care!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.