Community Forum

Replacing Xfinity Gateway Model # TC8305C with Netgear Modem, Orbi Router/Satellites

Highlighted
New Poster

Replacing Xfinity Gateway Model # TC8305C with Netgear Modem, Orbi Router/Satellites

I have Xfinity Voice, Internet (200 mbps) and TV service and am replacing an Xfinity Gateway Model # TC8305C with a Netgear CM1150V Modem, Orbi Router/Satellites and was wondering if the attached network layout would work OK. Anything to be careful with? Thanks.

IMG_2475.png

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Replacing Xfinity Gateway Model # TC8305C with Netgear Modem, Orbi Router/Satellites

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Replacing Xfinity Gateway Model # TC8305C with Netgear Modem, Orbi Router/Satellites

Thanks for alerting me. I can see it fine on my post so I would have never known. I did post something similar on the Netgear site and the configuration did work just fine.

Highlighted
Expert

Well, when I was still using my CM1150V + ASUS RT-AC88U, I had a similar setup and it was working just fine. I don't see anything wrong with the system you laid out here. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks. This is working spendidly. I am getting 90 - 100 MBPS wirelessly on my 200 MBPS service with occasional higher speeds and with multiple devices. Much better than the 10-15 mbps I was getting with the old Xfinity Gateway. TV, Apple TV, iMac and other AV devices all hard wired in now via Ethernet. Life is good!