Community Forum

Rented Modem and router

Highlighted
New Poster

Rented Modem and router

I currently have an Arris Modem rented from Xfinity that I use to connect to the internet.  I have an older Arris Xfinity modem that I bought at Best Buy several years ago.  Is there any way to setup a network and use the older modem to boost my rented modems signal?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Rented Modem and router

No, modems aren’t capable like that.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

What's the model number ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Its the XB3 comcast modem, Arris

Highlighted
Expert

O/k what is the make and model number of the older Arris Xfinity "modem" ? It's probably a combo modem / router gateway device.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
New Poster

DPC3941T Cisco
Highlighted
Expert

That can't be used as a WiFi extender / repeater.