Community Forum

Re: "We've detected an issue with your modem" - reboots, then says I need someone to troub

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: "We've detected an issue with your modem" - reboots, then says I need someone to troub

I get a similar message, though mine is accompanied by a troubleshooting message of "Your current equipment can’t keep up with your Internet speed. Use our online tool to find modems best suited to your plan."

Guys, c'mon. This is a brand-new Asus CM-32 AC2600. It's more than capable of keeping up with my gigabit plan. 

Highlighted
Expert

You won't be able to get the gigabit speed tier with that modem no matter what the manufacturer's speed rating is. It's only a DOCSIS 3.0 capable device. Comcast requires a DOCSIS 3.1 capable device for gig speed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@MarkSwam wrote: ... Asus CM-32 AC2600 ... gigabit plan. 

For reference: see https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/

Comcast rates the CM-32 for use with plan speeds "Up to 933 Mbps", so as stated, it's not approved for use with Gigabit service.