Community Forum

Re: T3 Ranging Timeouts multiple times a day

Highlighted
New Poster

TChin,

Did you ever get this resolved? I've started having numerous T3 time outs (well by started, I mean about 2 months ago they started) on my modem and have yet to have any luck in resolving it. I've also bought not one but 2 separate modems with no difference to the problem. Calling into tech support for me has also been the same run around with some guy or girl in Punjab that I can barely understand (to their credit, they are pretty friendly even if they can't do anything to resolve this) with them giving me a final answer of  "we've sent a signal to your modem and everything is working properly" ...and then they suggest a new modem or router etc. I don't know what it takes or how to go about getting a tech sent out to trouble shoot the lines either in my house, or leading to my house just so I can get some answers, but this is rediculous. I'm hoping you've had some resolution/luck with it all and can shed some gimmer of hope for the rest of us. I'm sick of having to reboot my modem and router 2/3/4 up to 5 times a day. 

Highlighted
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!