Community Forum

Re: Modem upgrade needed?

Frequent Visitor

Could you tell me if I have the most up-to-date router modem from Comcast? It is:

Voice and Data Modem

ARRIS Group, Inc. TG1682GSerial #: 1056111A6595

I have a wifi extender but I keep losing a connection to my Alexa device that allows me to control by voice my ecobee thermostat and a lamp that has a module that allows me to control it by voice. I'm thinking about replacing wiFi extender but before I do that i'd like to know if my main router is up-to-date

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep it in mind. I might even splurge for whatever it costs to have them come out and install it. I would still like to know the brand and model of the most up-to-date router modem. If I already have the latest one, there's no sense getting another one. If I'm not mistaken I believe I got the current one a couple years ago. Again, thanks for the reply

Highlighted
Expert

No. That is a XB3 model. The XB6 is the latest;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-compare

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply. That is exactly the information I was looking for
Highlighted
Expert

Quite welcome ! Now closing this topic.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!