jquinn14's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 26th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Re: Modem keeps dropping

Hi - I saw your suggestion on another post about sharing the downstream and upstream power info and I've been searching for it on the admin page but not sure I have the right info.  Is it the big table of data on the Cable Connection tab? 

I'm having issues similiar to the OP - my Internet works fine most of the day, but when I get on a Zoom call and speak for several minutes I get the dreaded "internet unstable" error message and I start to freeze or the sound gets garbled.  I've had my laptop checked and they swear it's fine and must be my wifi connection.  Does it sound like that to you?  Should be I be using the 2.4 and 5G settings on the router or no?  I'm so confused on how to have a consistent connection. '

Thanks in advance @EG for any help/ideas you can share.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

For a test, does a computer that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this from being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step of troubleshooting before we proceed any further.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port so I can't do the ethernet test.  I'm going to request an adapater from work, but that will be a few days.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here