Community Forum

Re: Internet Speed

New Poster

I have a similar issue.  I purchased the 175 Mbps package about a month ago, and have never broken 98 Mbps - wired or wireless.

I upgraded my Modem to an Arris Surfboard SB6183, a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem capable of Mbps.

I alos upgraded my wireless router to a Netgear R6080 AC1000, capable of 300 Mbps + 700 Mbps.

Lastly, I upgraded my cable from the modem to the router with a CAT6, so it can handle speeds above 100Mbps.

Still doesn't seem to go any faster than 98Mbps (at best and is often more like 40-80 Mbps).

Appreciate any help.

Expert

You could try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!