Userr's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, November 24th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Re: Intermittent disconnects - T3 Timeouts

I've got a similar T3 timeout issue with the SBG6700-AC router log going crazy. The modme power levels are attached. Essentially the upload speed is MISERABLE compared to download (25MBPS/2MBPS). The 2MBPS doesn't even given 200kbps upload speeds. There seems to be jitter as well per some websites. I can hardly ever upload anything. I have turned modem on/off etc. There is an amplifier attached at the start of the connection but if that was bad, the download would be bad too, and some days I can get 30 MBPS, above the advertised speed. Comcast says if they send someone, I will have to pay for it and am trying to avoid that.

Modem log.JPG

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Some of the downstream SNR's are low. And there is a 7 dB difference between two of the upstream channels. Looks like some kind of line / connection issue.

See if anything here helps;

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Please also post the RF error / event log entries.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Replied with link as well as private messaged. I hope you can assist as I am badly stuck. Thank you

https://imgur.com/QVaNGJu

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

https://imgur.com/QVaNGJu

This link has the log

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Had just deleted the event logs, but here's one already; I don't have any other logs. Which section could I gather RF info if you needed? The 802.11 n 2.4 as well as 5Ghz Wifi have minimal interference as few houses' signals close by

Time Priority Description
Sun Nov 24 11:41:51 2019 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=44:e1:37:e5:b3:9b;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:7a:0e:56;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

It took me several months but I isolated the primary issue to an old amplifier that was tied to the line coming into the house. I connected the incoming line directly to 1 cable (via a new connector) to the line going out of the basement into the living room. I got 25MBPS/3MBPS perfectly after that for 5 months. Starting around June 1st, I started getting at least 3 T3 timeouts intermittently daily and no matter what I do, it continues. There has been no change in the lines. The speed is pretty much fine except when the T3 happens, when the internet just dies, in the middle of work, school everything. I located the linejoining up with the cable coming into the house, clean, grounded. I applied a plain pastic wrap on top of that connection yesterday to see if rain or anything could be causing the issues, and no that doesn't seem to be it. The T3s happen when they want to. They do occur mostly either to late morning, and not after that anymore as much. Shall really appreciate your advice.

Each time I have to power down and then up, the modem and it starts working. I just restarted the similarly and in no time, I have Correctables...the Uncorrectables will also start adding up. NONE of this was an issue till last week.

Connection status image: https://imgur.com/Ma5tObM

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

The stats are fine. The T3's may be being caused by a local network capacity / traffic congestion problem due to everybody being home and on the net. We've been seeing a lot of that here lately. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Much appreciated, thank you again.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Quite welcome. If it is that, there is really not much that you can do about a capacity problem except to complain. All the neighbors should complain as well. The more complaints, the more effective the response will be. Good luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here