Community Forum

Re: Intermittent Internet Failure

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. It's been going on for ~2 weeks now. 

Sporadically through out the day my internet connection will reset. I've confirmed all of the physical connections are firmly in place. I've reset the modem, as well as the wifi mesh too many times to count.  None of the times have made any improvement. 

Highlighted
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Take your router in to an Xfinity store and get a new one. This should not be happening and since you rebooted and no help you need a new modem.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The modem does not appear to be the problem, all it is doing is detecting that the upstream network is not connected.... multiple times throughout the day.

The outage map is showing 5 outages within 2 miles of me. Either Comcast is fixing a lot of little problems, or they have yet to track down the cause of a widespread problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

Omg I’m having the SAME exact problem! I’ve been sent a new modem by Comcast 3 weeks ago and it’s still happening. I had a technician to my home who thought he fixed the problem but never actually did. One hour after he left the modem was losing connection again. I’ve called into xfinity at least ten times and NO ONE will help me. All they keep doing is resetting my modem and checking for outages. I was transferred to advanced tech support who changed the channel of my modem and it did not help!!!! I’m literally STUCK between a rock and a hard place and although I continue to call into support I get NOWHERE! I’m so frustrated!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem!!!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

This is ridiculous!! I work from home. In the middle of meetings I am losing connectivity and get dropped from the VPN. This has been going on for two weeks! Throughout the day and night. Pay a lot and getting little in return.