Community Forum

Re: Frequent internet disconnection

hoppingrosey
New Poster

Same problem now for about a month. Thought it was me so I bought new equipment... it's still an issue, and it is virtually impossible to talk to someone at Comcast.  It goes out 1-3 times a day for about 1-10 minutes.  I'm getting rather upset.

EG
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
hoppingrosey
New Poster

Thanks for the information.  So, to be clear my Internet can be working all day except it may go down one time for 2 minutes and I need to go through all those items to figure out why?  I never had trouble until I went to the Gigabyte plan.  Like no trouble for 2-3 years.  I switched and found out my modem was incompatible so I bought one that was.  Then my router went down for some reason so I bought one that could handle Gigabyte speeds.  After all this now I have issues everyday, but maybe for only a minute or two.  I am convinced that had I stayed on the old plan I would never have had any issues.  I think the issue is on Comcast's side.  

I have the software outages.io on my computer and here are the recent outages:

2020-07-12 03:06:00 - Down for 1 minute 21 seconds (Provider)
2020-07-11 11:07:38 - Down for 1 minute 19 seconds (Provider)
2020-07-10 16:54:53 - Down for 1 minute 20 seconds (Internal)
2020-07-10 11:41:26 - Down for 1 minute 20 seconds (Provider)
2020-07-09 16:22:35 - Down for 17 seconds (Provider)

The Internal one was me checking something.  This software apparently traces the issue to you or your provider.  When my router was bad it would say Internal for some outages and Provider for some, but now I have a new router and it is all on the Provider.  

I think there could be an issue with the box outside by the street that is partially broken and open to the weather. I contacted Comcast, but they have never been out. I cannot get through to them without going through their whole phone system and resetting everything.  Do you know how I can best contact them to look at my outside wires and fix the broken box?  They have sheltered themselves from messages, e-mails, and phone calls so much they are almost impossible to talk to.  Please help is you can.  Thanks!