Community Forum

Re: Connection Drops Throughout the day

Highlighted
New Poster

I've had the exact same issue. My router and modem are both new and high-end but my internet drops throughout the day, and it seems to be more and more requent. This causes some BIG issues with teleworking when you're facilitating a meeting and your internet drops out. My partner is also going to school online and has virtual classes that he NEEDs a solid reliable connection for. Hence paying $50/month. Please help. Your chat people are not useful and 40 modem restarts does not fix it. It seems to be on Comcasts end. 

Highlighted
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've gone through the trouble shooting steps listed on the document with no positive results.  

10/11 events in my log are critical 3's.

Highlighted
Expert

@JMCKU wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've gone through the trouble shooting steps listed on the document with no positive results.  

10/11 events in my log are critical 3's.

Are you the original poster ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I am yes

Highlighted
Expert

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers for us to see. Also post those error log entries.