Community Forum

Range Extenders???

New Poster

Range Extenders???

I have a standard Xfiniti cable modem. I am trying to add a TP-Link Range extender (TL-WA855RE) to the network so that they will support Blink security cameras. I aleady tried PODS and that was a not go.

Suggestions on how tp make this work?

Thanks

Problem Solver

Re: Range Extenders???

@Vernsvr6 wrote:

I have a standard Xfiniti cable modem. I am trying to add a TP-Link Range extender (TL-WA855RE) to the network so that they will support Blink security cameras. I aleady tried PODS and that was a not go.

Suggestions on how tp make this work?

Thanks

I *think* Blinks will only work on 2.4 rather than 5G. An old friend had to connect via that way.

Expert

That model range extender is 2.4 GHz. OP, have you looked here ?;

https://support.blinkforhome.com/categories/issues-with-your-camera-SyD9ExXIS

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Curious as to what you do.  I have blink cameras and the xFi pods (dual band mesh system with one name).  2 of 4 cameras connected without a hitch, but cannot get the other 2 to connect.  Blink even sent me replacements.  I was able to get cameras connected using a smartphoen 2.4 hotspot so I at least know the cameras work. Blink said they will not work on multi-band mesh systems with a single broadcasted name.  Good luck to us both.

New Poster

I agree. this should NOT be this difficult. I sold my pods because they were not connecting with blink. I sent Blink a tech support request. Will keep you posted.

@kahnfewzd wrote:

Curious as to what you do.  I have blink cameras and the xFi pods (dual band mesh system with one name).  2 of 4 cameras connected without a hitch, but cannot get the other 2 to connect.  Blink even sent me replacements.  I was able to get cameras connected using a smartphoen 2.4 hotspot so I at least know the cameras work. Blink said they will not work on multi-band mesh systems with a single broadcasted name.  Good luck to us both.