Community Forum

Problem publishing my website

Regular Visitor

Problem publishing my website

I am having a problem publishing my website ever since I chagned to the Xfinity xFi wireless modem. I have used an old program, FrontPage 2002, for years without any problems. Now that I have changed from my older Xfinity modem to the new xFi modem, I cannot publish to my site. If I take my laptop to another location that has a different server or modem I have no problem publishing to my website. I am convinced there is something about the security protacols with this new setup, but Comcast/Xfinity insist that there is no problem on their side. It has to be something with this modem since it will publish literally anywhere else that I use the program. It does not work hardwired or wireless no matter what I do. 

Expert

Re: Problem publishing my website

Are you seeing any error messages ? Do you use FTP to publish up to your web page / host ? If so, insure that ports 20 and 21 are port forwarded in the Xfi gateway device and that any firewall(s) are not blocking it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I do post to an ftp. Can you tell me how to insure that ports 20 and 21 are port forwarded in the Xfi gateway device? The firewalls are okay
Expert

This is all the info I have about port forwarding with a Comcast gateway device;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway

Good luck with it !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Can Frontpage be set for passive FTP?  That might be another option.