Community Forum

Power outage and now poor internet strength on all devices.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Power outage and now poor internet strength on all devices.

Had a brief power outage. After the power came back internet connection has been slow. I have trouble or unable to connect to my zoom meeting calls on my phone. Streaming on the tv is slow.  etc. I have reset the gateway via the app several times. I have even unplugged the gateway. It's been over a week. When I check the status on the app it says I'm getting full speeds to the house.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Power outage and now poor internet strength on all devices.

For a test, does a computer / device hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this from being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step of troubleshooting before we proceed any further.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Power outage and now poor internet strength on all devices.

Connected to my Samsung tv via ethernet. Was spotty at first. Now seems to be working with streaming apps.