Community Forum

Port forwarding no longer working

flippy1971
New Poster

Port forwarding no longer working

I noticed yesterday that port forwarding is no longer working so that I can view my secuirty cameras via my phone.  I logged into the xfinity router at 10.0.0.1 and found that my WAN IP had changed.  No biggie so I updated my phone but it still would not work.  I go to port forwarding page and find that I can no longer setup port forwarding on the router itself that I have to go to the xfi web page.  I login and find that the device IP that is set for my port fowarding is not correct.  I fix that and still wouldn't work.  I finally track down that the XFI page has a different WAN IP than what the router has configured.  The router has the correct IP when checking on whatismyip.com and the XFI has the old IP which was used previously.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?   I contacted Xfinity support and keep getting the run around and they cannot for some reason get me to a level 2 tech.  

pjganze56
New Poster

Re: Port forwarding no longer working

This seems to remain an open issue. It started with me when I received a new gateway device. The MyXFI tool does not support such devices and there is no fix for this to my knowledge. 

I too have spend many hours with technical support to no avail. 

pjganze56
New Poster

Re: Port forwarding no longer working

I gave up. While it is not as secure as port forwarding, I created DMZ access to my WirePath (security camera) DVR and can now access that device externally.