Fujibooze's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 18th, 2021 7:00 AM

Closed

Port Fowarding with xFi

I recently attempted to get Port Forwading functioning on my gateway so that I can use my computer to host a gaming server for myself and friends.

After logging into 10.0.0.1 I saw that Port Forwarding is now done through xFi, cool seems simple enough. After finding the port forwarding area and opening the desired ports through TCP/UDP I tried to host the server. I myself was able to connect to it easily since I'm on the same network which let me know that the server itself is good to go, however none of my friends are able to join me.

I did some more research and have seen that a lot of people have issues with getting the xFi port forwarding working.
I also took the time to try several different port checker websites, all of which tell me that the ports are closed, despite it saying they are open through xFi.

Is there any fix to the fact that xFi port forwarding just doesn't seem to work?

I don't suppose there is any way to unlock the option to port forward directly from the router the way it used to, when people could actually get it to work.
I'd rather not have to buy my own modem just to be able to port forward either.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy;

To disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi, select the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the xFi app and then select xFi Advanced Security. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on-screen prompts.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs

No guarantees that this is the cause of the issue. Just something to try. YMMV. Good luck !

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Oh I probably should have mentioned that I'd already done that in the main post. When I was looking up fixes I saw that that could potentially help. No dice however.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I finally found my fix for the same issue!!!!  I had not touched my port forward settings in over 2 years and port forwarding just stopped working sometime in Jan 2021.  

My existing devices had LAN IP reservations OUTSIDE the DHCP scope, and that was cool until Comcast updated some firmware, then the port forwards and the ability to edit them stopped.

I kept the reservations the way they were, but extended my DHCP scope to have those reserved IPs in the pool.  Saved the new DHCP scope on my router - no reboot reqired.  The Port forwards AND the ability to edit them began working perfectly again.   Hope this helps someone.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Johnnydrama we just had same thing happen to a customers router which has had port forwarding setup for over 7 years. Suddenly any port forwarding to IP's that are not in DHCP range stopped working and couldn't edit or add to those IP's. This is an older Cisco modem. Once I extended DHCP to cover the range of devices in the port forwarding list everything started working again.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for adding that feedback ! Now closing this 4-month-old dead thread.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here