So I think we figured out an issue that XFINITY did not realize and could not correct with the Pods. A few weeks ago we upgraded from 200 to 600 for our internet. Ever since then the connection speeds have been awful. Spoke to many agents, had two techs out, numerous signals and resets of the Gateway and nothing.
We moved the pods etc and nothing worked. We finally decided to remove all the pods thinking maybe the older pods could not hande the new speed. Amazingly enough the service is now much much better with no older pods. I think devices were connecting to the pod which was dumbing down the signal from the Gateway. Now the devices are reaching out to the Gateway itself which is broadcasting at higher speeds. I just bought 2 of the new Pods to place throughout the house so hopefully they work better for spots far away from the Gateway.
But if your service is bad and recently upgraded speeds, remove the old pods to see if that helps...it certainly did for us.
The gen 1 pods only supported speeds up to 300 Mbps.