Community Forum

Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

Regular Contributor

Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

I have Performance Internet for which I am paying $61.95 per month. I am located in Baltimore County , MD.

 

I was popping around in My Account looking at different things and I noticed in the Manage Your Plan section under Internet it shows:  Download speeds up to 100 Mbps

 

This is interesting because my most recent bill and my next one show:  Download as fast as 60 Mbps

 

So I ran a speed test (DSLReports and a couple of others) and I got a consistent 71 Mbps which is what I've been getting since the speed 'bump' Comcast gave us a few months ago.

 

I was hoping maybe they were giving me another speed bump to 100 Mbps to compensate me for moving TCM out of Digital Preferred and into the Sports & Entertainment package which requires another $10\mo. but I guess not

 

Must just be a glitch in Comcast's system thatshows the 100 Mbps.  Man Sad

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

Could it also mean that the equipment that you’re testing on/with isn’t capable of teaching those speeds?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps


@CCAndrew wrote:
Could it also mean that the equipment that you’re testing on/with isn’t capable of teaching those speeds?

No!

 

But I just found this:

 

Comcast announces boost in download speeds in several Internet packages for PA subscribers

 

According to this article, which was posted today, these speed bumps apply to the northeast, which they describe as Virginia to Maine.

 

Assuming this is accurate maybe I (and everyone else in the northeast region) should see the speed bump sometime soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

No!
__________
How do you know? What’s your modem model? What device are you testing on? What are your modem stats? Have you had a tech out? Those are all factors

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

Thanks for your enthusiasm. I'm pretty sure I'm OK with my equipment and my cable hookup.

 

I will wait a few days to see if I get the speed bump when others in my area start to report it.

 

If I don't you can be sure I will come back here again.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

Is your modem from Comcast, or do you have your own? They said if it's from Comcast, it should get it automatically. If it's your own, you'll have to reboot the modem to get it (unplug it for 5 minutes and plug back in).

 

I would try rebooting weekly until you see it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps


@jhtrico1850 wrote:

Is your modem from Comcast, or do you have your own? They said if it's from Comcast, it should get it automatically. If it's your own, you'll have to reboot the modem to get it (unplug it for 5 minutes and plug back in).

 

I would try rebooting weekly until you see it.


Yeah, that's what I expect.

Modem is Comcast's, for now.  Smiley Happy  It's in bridge mode, WiFi disabled.

Router is mine.

I will reboot both if I don't see any increase in a couple of days.

Thanks.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps


@ggeinec wrote:

I have Performance Internet for which I am paying $61.95 per month. I am located in Baltimore County , MD.

 

I was popping around in My Account looking at different things and I noticed in the Manage Your Plan section under Internet it shows:  Download speeds up to 100 Mbps

 

This is interesting because my most recent bill and my next one show:  Download as fast as 60 Mbps

 

So I ran a speed test (DSLReports and a couple of others) and I got a consistent 71 Mbps which is what I've been getting since the speed 'bump' Comcast gave us a few months ago.

 


We have the Performance plan in Baltimore County, MD.

 

Sometime yesterday Comcast pushed out our speed bump from 60 Mbps to 100 Mbps.

 

Before we were getting a consistent 71 Mbps download and 5 - 6 Mbps upload which is what we've been getting since the last speed 'bump' Comcast gave us a few months ago.

 

Now we are getting a consistent 120 Mbps download and 6 - 7 Mbps upload.  Smiley Happy

 

We have Comcast's modem/router (with WiFi disabled) and my own router. I did not have to do anything with the modem nor the router.

 

 

 

Expert

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps


@ggeinec wrote:



We have Comcast's modem/router (with WiFi disabled) and my own router. I did not have to do anything with the modem nor the router.

Do you have it in full bridge mode or just have the WiFi radio disabled ?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps


@EG wrote:

@ggeinec wrote:



We have Comcast's modem/router (with WiFi disabled) and my own router. I did not have to do anything with the modem nor the router.

Do you have it in full bridge mode or just have the WiFi radio disabled ?


Full bridge mode.

Expert

Re: Performance Internet speed? 60 Mbps vs. 100 Mbps

O/k, thanks for replying !



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!