Community Forum

Packet Loss and Latency Spikes. Unusable Internet both for online classes and gaming.

Highlighted
New Poster

Packet Loss and Latency Spikes. Unusable Internet both for online classes and gaming.

I've just gotten back home after coming back from college and the internet has recently become next to unusable. I've been getting massive packet loss and consistent ping spikes into the 200ms range when pinging Google's servers. I've called Xfinity help service multiple times but after going through their list of troubleshooting help they haven't been able to further help me, only telling me to wait until a technician is available. I've tried bypassing our router (Pakedge), restarting, and all the other steps they make you go through in a call. 

The packet loss is during both high usage hours and low usage. We are paying for the Extreme Pro Internet plan (500mbps+), but a quick speed test only shows 20mbps download and 0.01mbps upload. I've tried pinging the router as well, but there seem to be no issues with connecting to it. I've attached some pictures from Pingplotter as proof/call for help. I have no idea what to do anymore. Not only would I like to be able to game, but I need to be able to attend my lectures. Any help would be appreciated.

Most recent 10 minutes: imgur.com/N2UJlSq

Last two days: imgur.com/PmLONn0