Firsthunt012's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

PS4 has poor internet speeds X-FI gateway

My internet speed tests on my computer are always consistent with what I’m paying for which is gigbite speed, my PS4 is averaging 6mb upload is speed when I’m paying for 45mb upload I want to improve my PS4 internet speeds to what my computer reaches, yes I’m hard wired yes I’ve done a ton of google searches changing dns doesn’t work I don’t know if there is something on the router settings I need to tweak or what been very frustrating I’m only paying for gigbite to have the higher upload speeds. Brand new X-Fi gateway just received it 2 weeks ago day 1 internet speeds suspiciously perfect afterwards poor upload speeds on PS4 since

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@Firsthunt012 wrote:
 I’m paying for 45mb upload

SInce when does Comcast offer plans with 45 Mbps upload speeds?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

In my small town in Pennsylvania the best plan that was affordable to me with the highest upload speed offers 1gig download and 45 upload which I get on speed tests with my computer, well sometimes I get a gig download because my town shares lines I assume that’s why my download speed average is more like 200mb, but at least my upload is always consistent on my other devices around 45, it’s only my PS4 that had the lowest upload speed on a wired connection there has to be some way to improve this I feel like

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

4 years ago

I think that's just a limitation of the PS4. Mine is hardwired and doesn't get close to the speeds I pay for either.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here