Community Forum

PLEASE HELP!!! About 6 months of horrible Comcast WiFi

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

PLEASE HELP!!! About 6 months of horrible Comcast WiFi

I can’t write all the details but out of nowhere the Comcast WiFi began dropping early in the year. <BR /><BR />We had 8 total different Comcast techs come to the house. Each of the ones in the beginning were unprepared but young guys who tried to fix this. <BR /><BR />After about a month we were I believe to a Level 2 call and a supervisor (I think) came out twice saying it could be this or that but he still didn’t fix it. <BR /><BR />I know we tried 2 different models. I understand the basics but the technical details I do not. This isn’t my job although I have been required to help every tech who comes out. <BR /><BR />During this time I was recovering from major back surgery and it was not the time to be on my feet (against doctors orders) doing this but it was the same routine - WiFi problem, Call Comcast, explain details, set up an appointment, tech arrives, cant fix it, leaves , restart. <BR /><BR />I kept records and about half the techs were less than qualified or unprofessional including one who walked away when I asked him a question. <BR /><BR />This could be a 10 page post but can’t write long on my phone. W<BR /><BR />When the 8th tech came he told me various theories then Covid hit and it was shut down. <BR /><BR />But did this guy ever follow up when they resumed going to houses as a professional would do? Of course not. <BR /><BR />Today I tried a friend’s wireless router but that didn’t work. <BR /><BR />I have reset the modem hundreds of times. <BR /><BR />I’ve changed my iPhone plan to unlimited because this still is a problem. <BR /><BR />Yet our bill remains paid every month about $250. <BR /><BR />Comcast is a company I’ve used for decades. We’ve had techs out for minor issues but this was a case we needed the best tech because it called for it and I talked to enough people respectfully and always heard sympathy and shock at the problems which is nice but like everyone we want it fixed. <BR /><BR />Comcast should reimburse us for internet charges for 6 months but what we really want is someone to fix it. Pretty please with sugar on top