Community Forum

Online technician keeps telling me asus cm-32 is no longer compatible with Xfinity (firmware)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Online technician keeps telling me asus cm-32 is no longer compatible with Xfinity (firmware)

Online technician keeps telling me asus cm-32 is no longer compatible with Xfinity (firmware), and that is why it cannot be activated. I keep telling her that comcast does not allow customers to update firmware on any devices and that all Firmware is downloaded upon installation and connection to comcast. This is a activation tech support (huber?) and his supervisor both telling me to buy a new modem. I don't think either of these two individuals have a clue as to what they are talking about. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Online technician keeps telling me asus cm-32 is no longer compatible with Xfinity (firmware)

It's still on their "Approved Devices List".

Give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !

Another method;

https://comca.st/3efKhIo

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Online technician keeps telling me asus cm-32 is no longer compatible with Xfinity (firmware)

I've tried both, I do want to talk to a higher level of tech though .  that number just makes me do a reset and is a complete waste of time. 

Highlighted
Expert

What about that website link ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've tried that multiple times. It just says, are you sure your plugged in and powered on. like i'm impaired 

Highlighted
Expert

O/k sorry that I "wasted your time"..... ☹️

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards.  You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !