Tina-Rodney's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 11th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

One device won't connect to WiFi

I am a new customer to Portland xfinity.  I've set up wifi and all my devices easily connect except one laptop.  This laptop easily connects to the wifi in the lobby of my building but doesn't recognize the wifi in my apartment at all.  When I try to connect to a Wireless Network Connection on this (hp) laptop, the list that pops up does not include my wifi.  I've chatted with online help for more than 4 hours and they have not been able to help.  It looks like others are reporting similar issues here but I haven't seen any solutions in this forum.

Help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Associate the devices with the 2.4 or the 5.0 band's SSID (broadcast name) and password.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here