cetrev's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, October 4th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Not getting internet speed

Hello ,

Xfinity sent me an email telling me that my speed was increased to 300mbs , but speed tests say I am only getting 55mbs . I have a Arris TG1682G gateway .  What could be the problem ? Xfinity has not told me I need a newer gateway . If no help here I will have to call Xfinity . Please help me avoid that....lol

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

5 years ago

i have gotten close to 600 Mbs with the tg1682g on wifi, so its capable of your speed plan

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

The tests are on an ethernet connection , my desktop computer , I have not checked the WIFI speed .

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Have you tried power-cycling the gateway device ?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Just tried that , no change , 53.5mbs on Xfinities speed test .

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

It may not actually be available on your local system yet. We've seen many posts here indicating that some of the notification e-mails are being sent prematurely.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Ok , I will just wait and keep checking it for a while . Thank you for your time and help .

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

5 years ago

Quite welcome !! 🙂
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here