Community Forum

No username/password option for Arris SB8200?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No username/password option for Arris SB8200?

Hi all,

I just bought a new SB8200 from Amazon and performed a factory reset. When I access the modem remotely I'm not prompted for any login credentials and I see no options to add them. According to Arris I should be prompted for a username and password (https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access).

On my older Arris SB6190 I was able to assign a username and password for security.

Any idea on what might be going on?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No username/password option for Arris SB8200?

Hoping someone can help with this. Arris tech support simply points me to the support page that says I should have a login page, but I don't. Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

First, are you going here ?;

http://192.168.100.1 ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @EG,

Absolutely, I'm using that URL to access the modem. This is what I see when I hit "enter" after I type out the URL - no log in prompt.

Picture of what I see as soon as I hit "enter" can be found here: https://imgur.com/fAOiKIG.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Have you power-cycled it lately ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

As mentioned in my original post I've factory reset it. I've done this more than once.

Highlighted
Expert

Yes. I read your first post. You said "factory reset", not *powercycle*. I'm out of ideas, sorry. Maybe it is malfunctioning or it's a firmware glitch. Good luck !

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Gotcha . Yes, I've also tried power cycling it. It doesn’t help. Thanks.
Highlighted
New Poster

that is not the webUI of the SB8200 at all, you are being redirected for some reason. Have you tried performing a layer 2 network test, ping 192.168.100.1 ?

do you get a valid response?

You might be looking at a faulty device situation

Highlighted
Expert

@Techn0C0wb0y wrote:

that is not the webUI of the SB8200 at all, Have you tried performing a layer 2 network test, ping 192.168.100.1 ?

Sure it is. I stated 192.168.100.1

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the exact same problem, i thought i was going crazy not being able to login for weeks now!

Highlighted
New Poster

Just got myself a SB8200 and I CAN'T EVEN ACCESS 192.168.100.1 with multiple browsers (webpage times out). I can ping 192.168.100.1. I had an older Arris modem with the same address (192.168.100.1) whick I could access the admin page no problem. Router is TP-Link AC1350

The SB8200 works great but cannot access the admin page. WHY?