Psychor's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 11:00 PM

Closed

No username/password option for Arris SB8200?

Hi all,

I just bought a new SB8200 from Amazon and performed a factory reset. When I access the modem remotely I'm not prompted for any login credentials and I see no options to add them. According to Arris I should be prompted for a username and password (https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access).

On my older Arris SB6190 I was able to assign a username and password for security.

Any idea on what might be going on?

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Hoping someone can help with this. Arris tech support simply points me to the support page that says I should have a login page, but I don't. Thanks.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Have you power-cycled it lately ?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

First, are you going here ?;

http://192.168.100.1 ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

As mentioned in my original post I've factory reset it. I've done this more than once.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @EG,

Absolutely, I'm using that URL to access the modem. This is what I see when I hit "enter" after I type out the URL - no log in prompt.

Picture of what I see as soon as I hit "enter" can be found here: https://imgur.com/fAOiKIG.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Gotcha . Yes, I've also tried power cycling it. It doesn’t help. Thanks.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I read your first post. You said "factory reset", not *powercycle*. I'm out of ideas, sorry. Maybe it is malfunctioning or it's a firmware glitch. Good luck !

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Techn0C0wb0y wrote:

that is not the webUI of the SB8200 at all, Have you tried performing a layer 2 network test, ping 192.168.100.1 ?

Sure it is. I stated 192.168.100.1

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

that is not the webUI of the SB8200 at all, you are being redirected for some reason. Have you tried performing a layer 2 network test, ping 192.168.100.1 ?

do you get a valid response?

You might be looking at a faulty device situation

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the exact same problem, i thought i was going crazy not being able to login for weeks now!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just got myself a SB8200 and I CAN'T EVEN ACCESS 192.168.100.1 with multiple browsers (webpage times out). I can ping 192.168.100.1. I had an older Arris modem with the same address (192.168.100.1) whick I could access the admin page no problem. Router is TP-Link AC1350

The SB8200 works great but cannot access the admin page. WHY?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

These two notes from Arris may exlain your experiance.

"NOTE 2: The admin login is not available on firmware version prior to 1.0.1.009.32 and the Connection page will appear."

and

"The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, on their cable plant.  This means anything directly connected to the cable plant (COAX) in your house.  They do this to ensure that nothing happens to anyone upstream from your connections.  Cable Operators follow the DOCSIS Specifications that control this methodology of firmware upgrades as well as providing security for the firmware upgrades. 

Cable Operators also run both the products and firmware through their own test cycles to approve any manufacturers’ modems, wireless gateways, and the associated firmware updates for deployment.  This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer.  After an MSO has tested and approved a new version of firmware for a cable device, they will then “push” that new firmware out to the devices."

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi,
Is having no login page secure?
Or did I stupidly/uninformed buy an unsecured device (last October, 2019)?

Thank you in advance for any reply

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I think it is a little unsecure in that someone on your wifi can interupt service for a short perior by browsing to the modem's admin page and resetting the device. Other than that I don't see any security holes. You could block access to this IP using firewall rules on some routers, (this is straight forward to do on my pfSense router!).

Unless there are multiple hardware versions I don't think it matters when you buy the modem. The firmware on the device is managed by comcast.

####

I have experieced the same no login page as everyone else on my SB8200. But today I was trying to check my signal levels and am now hitting a login page. But nothing I have tried has worked. Arris says the default for this device is Username = "admin" Password = "password".

Does anyone from Comcast, know what I can use to login to my device? I can try reseting it with the hardware button but, I don't want to accidently mess up the currently working internet.

Thanks

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Well should have googled a bit more before posting, lol.

Last 8 digits of my serial number worked!

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here