Community Forum

New router

Highlighted
New Poster

New router

I want a new router I have an Arris whatever, and I am tired of the problems with it. I bought an orbi but it doesn’t have a cable jack on it. So what is one that does and that I can not have so many problems with?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: New router

@Lesliet08 wrote:
I want a new router I have an Arris whatever, and I am tired of the problems with it. I bought an orbi but it doesn’t have a cable jack on it. So what is one that does and that I can not have so many problems with?

I am using the XB6 in Bridge Mode with my Orbi and two satellites.  I have an extensive ethernet setup and I use an unmangaged 8-port switch connected to one port on the XB6.

I even have a second 8-port switch in my den connected to one port in the XB6 switch.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: New router

@Lesliet08 wrote:

O'k I'll ask questions rather than just state what I have.... 

A cable modem needs to be used with an Orbi. What is the exact model number of the Arris "whatever" ? Do you also have their phone service ? Do you want to rent from them or own your own ? What speed tier do you have ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!