StrCat's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

New Data Overage Bar Graph

To day my monthly data usage is half marked in red.

The table data is labeled in red.

This could imply that half of my usage is subject to overage charges.

If that is true will a $10 charge be imposed for the first and every 100Gb

over zero Gb.   I have seen news about Comcast wanting to combat cord

cutters, This measure Surely will do that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem and just spent 40 minutes on the pone with comcast. None of the 3 reps I spoke with could answer why this is suddenly on our data use bar graphs. They just kept telling me not to worry. Which, this being Comcast, I am worried. 

The blue portion of the bar graph is accurrate back through September but since a week ago, each month show double my actual use, half in the original blue bar graph, and now another data amount on top of that in red showing I used double what I did. Nobody was able to tell me what that was. 

And Comcast wonders why cable companies rate at the bottom of customer satisfaction in surveys.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Seems to be some kind of glitch in the north east, which currently doesn't have a cap.

Take a look here:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32675052-Caps-Data-Usage-Meter-Overage-Glitch

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks Paranoid. I forgot all about DSL Reports. I should have known if there is an ISP issue not being resolved, one can find info there! Thanks so much!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@Paraniod wrote:

Seems to be some kind of glitch in the north east, which currently doesn't have a cap.

Take a look here:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32675052-Caps-Data-Usage-Meter-Overage-Glitch

Yeah, it's definitely a regional issue. This is my current usage (I'm in CA, and yes, that's over 2TB this month already). 

Usage.jpg

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast-usage.PNGhere is whit see.  the red part labeled Overage is new. dubbling what I saw last month.  When I signed up I was tolled there would be no Overage charges.

I don't trust Comcast.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@StrCat wrote:

Comcast-usage.PNGhere is whit see.  the red part labeled Overage is new. dubbling what I saw last month.  When I signed up I was tolled there would be no Overage charges.

I don't trust Comcast.

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here