Community Forum

Never got close to even three lower tiers of internet speeds

Highlighted
New Poster

Never got close to even three lower tiers of internet speeds

I selected the gigabit internet plan because I need high quality connection for work and know that you never actually buzz at the max but some slice lower than that.

I think my plan is wrong in the system or I am flat out being taken for a walk in what I am being charged as I never get above 60mbps on my service. It shows up when doing video conferencing and it is my plan sputtering or lagging.

I need this fixed or addressed. I have done all of the troubleshooting and have tried talking to a real person but that never actually goes anywhere, can you please help.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Never got close to even three lower tiers of internet speeds

@rlader wrote:

I selected the gigabit internet plan because I need high quality connection for work and know that you never actually buzz at the max but some slice lower than that.

I think my plan is wrong in the system or I am flat out being taken for a walk in what I am being charged as I never get above 60mbps on my service. It shows up when doing video conferencing and it is my plan sputtering or lagging.

I need this fixed or addressed. I have done all of the troubleshooting and have tried talking to a real person but that never actually goes anywhere, can you please help.

Your account will tell you what plan you are paying for.

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/Myplan/

Monthly Charges

Service Package
TV
INTERNET
VOICE
HOME

Digital Premier 260+ Channels

Gigabit Internet Download speeds up to 1000 Mbps

XFINITY Voice Unlimited US & Int'l Calling

XFINITY® Home Secure 24/7 Security with Professional Monitoring

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Correct, it shows the that I am paying for the gigabit plan and the highest I have ever seen with their speed test and others in around 60mbps and normally hangs around 35mbps.

I have done all of the troubleshooting including going hardwired directly into the modem with antivirus suspended and that was when I hit around 60mbps.

Very frustrated to pay a decent bit more for no real show of more speed for the entirety of my plan.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Did you see this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-speed-troubleshooting-video/m-p/3310454#M316...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Sure have and walked through all of the steps.