Community Forum

Netgear N600 shows good cableconnection status, but will not allow me to access xfinity.com/activate

Highlighted
New Poster

Netgear N600 shows good cableconnection status, but will not allow me to access xfinity.com/activate

I have a new NETGEAR N600 (c3700v2) Modem router and new service that I've had for 3 days. I have not reveived my "self install" kit yet, but from what I have read its just a cable and documentaion. I cant afford to wait for the kit because the spring quarter at my school starts before I get it and they insist on everyone using zoom video confrencing, (which is rediculous). I used a known good RG-6 cable I had on hand. The modem shows a solid light for an internet connection, the status in the configuration settings showes a good connection as well, but it will not establish a temporary internet connection so I can access the url for activation. I tried adding the equipment manually on my account and it woulnt let me. I doubt I'll be ablr to reach a human any time soon from what I gather in other posts. Any suggestions.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netgear N600 shows good cableconnection status, but will not allow me to access xfinity.com/acti

Give this automated device activation line a shot: 1-855-652-3446. Even if the automation fails, you then get connected to an advanced repair representative rather than a tier 1 phone rep. Good luck !!! 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!