Community Forum

Netgear CM1100 Modem hangs and back after reboot

Highlighted
New Poster

Netgear CM1100 Modem hangs and back after reboot

I have had issues three times since last night where my Costco bought CM1100 Netgear modem seem to just hang. A reboot brings it back and it connects fine. This was installed several weeks back and was working fine for weeks before this problem started showing up.

I checked the modem and I see that 31 out of the 32 downstream bonded channels are locked. Why is that last one not locked?

I see that only 5 of the 8 upstream bonded channels are locked. Not sure if this is normal?

I only have a 150mbps connection tier. Only one of the two downstream OFDM channel is locked and none of the upstream OFDMA channels are locked. I assume this is needed for gigabit.

Comcast is reporting normal service in the area. Do you think my problems are related to unlocked channels?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netgear CM1100 Modem hangs and back after reboot

@hemantkm wrote:

I have had issues three times since last night where my Costco bought CM1100 Netgear modem seem to just hang. A reboot brings it back and it connects fine. This was installed several weeks back and was working fine for weeks before this problem started showing up.

I checked the modem and I see that 31 out of the 32 downstream bonded channels are locked. Why is that last one not locked?

It's normal. Some systems have reverted back to using 31 channels when they implemented the DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM channel for the gigabit speed tier.

I see that only 5 of the 8 upstream bonded channels are locked. Not sure if this is normal?

That's also normal. Comcast currently only offers 4 0r 5 upstream channels.

I only have a 150mbps connection tier. Only one of the two downstream OFDM channel is locked and none of the upstream OFDMA channels are locked. I assume this is needed for gigabit.

Correct. The gigabit speed tier is carried by the OFDM modulated downstream channel, not the QAM 256 modulated channels.

Comcast is reporting normal service in the area. Do you think my problems are related to unlocked channels?

Likely not.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!