Community Forum

Need planned scheduled maintenance notifications - downtime happening during school exams

Highlighted
New Poster

Need planned scheduled maintenance notifications - downtime happening during school exams

Our internet service has suffered in recent weeks. Looking on the Xfinity outage notifications it mentions scheduled maintenance. Is it possible to get email notifications of these future planned outages?

There was another scheduled maintenance in the middle of the day. It happened just before my daughter was about to sit her online exam. Thankfully it was resolved quickly but added extra stress at the wrong time.

During the stay at home we are heavily reliant on the internet. We need stability, uptime is more important than speed. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Need planned scheduled maintenance notifications - downtime happening during school exams

Please. This. Because to just randomly not have internet in the middle of the night while you’re trying to finish work and then losing all that work 2 days in a row is ridiculous. There’s been 3 outages in my area this week and being able to see when you’re going to do maintenance in app in advanced would be the least that could be done.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Need planned scheduled maintenance notifications - downtime happening during school exams

I agree completely. If it's scheduled maintenance, then we should be notified in advance. We're paying for the service to be there, and having it quit without warning when we're in the middle of something is just not acceptable.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Use the my account app for outage notifications

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!