Community Forum

My Wi-Fi goes out at the same time every night

JoshPloof
New Poster

My Wi-Fi goes out at the same time every night

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, the xb6 doing a nightly software upgrade or whatever it is. Every night at around 3a.m. my wi-fi goes down for about 10-15 minutes before coming back on on its own. I know 3a.m. is late, but I work overnights and Ive been working at home lately due to COVID. Its been severely interrupting my work. Does anyone else experience this? Should I swap out my router?
EG
Expert

Re: My Wi-Fi goes out at the same time every night

FWIW, the overnight hours are indeed their window of opportunity for performing network maintenance / upgrades.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Whyatt
New Poster

There is a feature on Xfinity XB6 routers called Downtime that intentionally turns the internet connection off. It's a courtesy reminder from Comcast that you should start thinking about going to bed.
EG
Expert

@Whyatt wrote:
There is a feature on Xfinity XB6 routers called Downtime that intentionally turns the internet connection off. It's a courtesy reminder from Comcast that you should start thinking about going to bed.

LOL !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!