Community Forum

Moving Computer Desk in an apartment

nrsone
Regular Visitor

Moving Computer Desk in an apartment

I will be switching rooms in an apartment for my Computer Desk.  The room already has a Cable Cord in it.

Two Questions: 

One)   Is that Cable already "Live" or do I need to contact Comcast on the new line being used?

Two)   if it needs to be extended to reach the location of the new desk site, can I purchase such an extension?  

Thank you

EG
Expert

Re: Moving Computer Desk in an apartment

@nrsone wrote:

I will be switching rooms in an apartment for my Computer Desk.  The room already has a Cable Cord in it.

Two Questions: 

One)   Is that Cable already "Live" or do I need to contact Comcast on the new line being used?

That can't be known by anyone that is not on site. Try it a see. Trace the coax cable to the main splitter if not and connect it.

Two)   if it needs to be extended to reach the location of the new desk site, can I purchase such an extension?  

Thank you

Yes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
nrsone
Regular Visitor

Wil do and thank you

EG
Expert

Quite welcome ! Post back if you have any further questions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!